Rules of Play (and Use of Courts and Lights)
CLUB SESSIONS (All-year round)
SUNDAYS 14:00 to 17:30 and TUESDAYS 19:00 TO 22:00
- Rubber-soled shoes without heels shall be worn when playing.
- All 4 courts are reserved for club sessions.
- Members play a maximum of 7 games.
- If no other members are waiting to play, a full set may be played.
- If other members are waiting to play, members shall not play singles. In such circumstances, members playing singles shall be entitled to invite members to make up a game of doubles.
- When all courts are occupied, members sitting out will use the coloured pegs in the club house to select who plays next and on which courts.
- During club sessions, floodlighting is free by means of an override key. If no member has a key, £1.00 coins may be used for 15 minutes of play and can be reimbursed via a Committee member.
- A red warning light comes on 5 minutes before the lights are due to go out, to allow time to top-up.
- It can take up to 20 minutes for the lights to reach maximum efficiency.
- Lights automatically deactivate at 22:00.
- Club sessions are primarily for adult members but a list of designated juniors will be on display in the club house. As a guide, historically, these have been juniors capable of playing in senior league matches.
- Members not wishing to join in the club session may use vacant courts only until required.
- VISITOR FEES – Adults = £4.00, Juniors = £2.00 per session. Names to be added to the Visitor Book in the Clubhouse and fees paid to a Committee member.
SOCIAL TENNIS (April – September)
WEDNESDAYS from 19:30 – Mixed Doubles
- The Committee shall have the power to declare the courts closed, as may be necessary for matches, repairs, or otherwise at its discretion.
- During home matches, courts 1 2& 4 will be reserved.
- Home match dates will be entered on the Calendar on the club’s web site.
- Bookings can be made for sessions outside of club play, matches and scheduled coaching using ClubSpark – Members must have a valid ClubSpark login.
- Juniors shall have priority when Junior Club Coaching is taking place.
- Courts 1&2 are reserved for junior play Mon-Fri 16:00 to 18:00.
- 3 courts are reserved for junior coaching on Saturdays, between 09:00 and 12:00.